Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Introduction


Introduction

By Veronica Anne Lee

Most people I'd ever come across to would say to me "What's 'The Poseidon Adventure'?" Well for those who don't know, "The Poseidon Adventure" is the story of ten survivors who find their way up decks when the ship they were on, the SS Poseidon, capsizes from tidal wave off the coast of Greece. The movie also shows the survivors personal and intimate stories. Although this film was made in 1972, eight years before I was born, I had a chance to watch it in 1992, and I've loved the movie ever since.

What made me like such a movie that was before my time? Well, it simply started with my father. He died when I was eight, and he was into the Titanic disaster. After he died, my brother got into the Titanic disaster. He brought home from school a children's book about the ship. That was the beginning of my love of ships. Then one day in 1992, I saw the film for the first time on television, and I was very amazed about the movie and the storyline that from there on I kept watching it. From there on in, I've love disaster movies no matter what movie it was, from "Twister" with Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton to "Daylight" with Sly Stallone, and don't forget "The Day After Tomorrow"! I love the special effect of these movies, and not to mention the excitement!

I decided to type these stories about the characters in the movie, how their lives were and so forth. I found my stories that I wrote about four years ago to be utterly remarkable. These tales also go beyond the movie, such as what happened after the survivors flown off in the helicopter, and also such as raising the ship from the bottom of the Mediterreanean Sea and restoring the ship back to its former glory but to only capsize again. These stories go beyond the intimate stories in the movie.

When a person loves a movie like the original 1972 classic, like myself, one only wonders what the lives of the characters in the stories were like. The time is now for these characters stories to be heard. I am sure you will like these stories very much, and that it would inspire you to write a story about your favorite movie.

Lists of Stories:
(By character order)
The Story of Aristotle Linarcos
Captain Harrison's Last Voyage
Reverend Scott's Escapade
Rogo's Story
The Rosens Story
The James Martin Story
Nonnie's Story
The Adventures of Robin and Susan Shelby
Acre's Story
Straight from the Manzetti Profiles
Gina Rowe's Story
The Merideth's Story
Larry's Story
The King Tritan Adventure

Veronica Anne Lee
Tuesday April 4th 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home